Monday, August 11, 2008

We're Back!


Hi friends! We are back from Hawaii and feeling recharged and ready to take on life. We were blessed to spend a week in Maui with Brittany's family. Avery went on her first plane ride and did wonderfully! She slept almost the whole way there, only waking up to fuss a little when the plane was landing because her ears were hurting. She handled the time change beautifully, and to be honest, there was only one night I was able to stay up past 9pm myself. Most of our days were spent laying by the pool and beach, although we did take a few little trips to the winery and out for shopping. Grandma took Avery to the Aquarium and she loved looking at all the brightly colored fish. 

After the crazy last couple of months that Nate had studying for the Bar, the past week was just what he needed to rest and relax. He started his job today as a Clerk for a District Court Judge, and I know he'll do great this year. I'm excited to be with Avery full time and work on things like scrapbooking and cooking.

I've included some pictures below and I promise more will follow. 

N, B & A


Gotta love a Maui sunset

Avery digs the noise-canceling headphones

Her first dip in the ocean

Little Hula Lady

Olympics here she comes!

Digging the starfish at the Aquarium

1 comment:

"Alice" said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your vacation! You all deserve it!!! Thanks for the pics - Avery is more beautiful every time I see her. :)