Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nursery Project #1...check!


I spent part of the day working on my first project for the nursery. I am the first to admit that I am not in the least bit artsy, but I want the baby's room to have personal touches, so I figured I better suck it up. I started with something pretty simple, and in under two hours I made these wooden letters for the wall above her crib! I think they turned out pretty good, and were way less expensive than the ones I've seen to buy at places like Pottery Barn Kids. We'll probably start working on the nursery over Thanksgiving weekend. Nate will take all of the stuff out and pull up the carpet on the Wednesday that I'm still in school, and then on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we can take our time painting and putting up new baseboards and molding. Then the next weekend we will lay the hardwood floors. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about doing all that, but in the end I can't wait for it to be done!

No comments: