Friday, November 2, 2007

She's already a brat...

We went in for our "big" ultrasound today. It was scheduled to last an hour, and during that time they check the baby head to toe. They need to get pictures and measurments of a myriad of different things, and the baby needs to somewhat cooperate. Well, apparently Avery was very comfortable curled up in a ball, and didn't really care about our agenda. The tech got some things done, and then was getting frustrated and gave me some juice, and told me to walk around for ten minutes to try and get her to move. We went back into the room hoping she would be more willing to cooperate, but no luck. We left almost two hours later, still needed some measurments. So the good news is that we get to go back in a week for another ultrasound, but the bad news is that the baby is already being a pain in the butt (she takes after her dad:) )

Today was also great because I got to feel Avery kick, or rather poke, for the first time. I could tell she's been moving around for a week or so, but I had been eagerly awaiting that first good kick. I guess after being lazy at the doctor's office, she decided to wake up and move around!

** Editor's Note: I am NOT a pain in the butt, just a little stubborn at times... (Nate)

No comments: