Wednesday, January 16, 2008

30 weeks down--8 to go!


I have officially been pregnant for 30 weeks. All in all, it has been a wonderful and healthy experience, which I am extremely thankful for. I will say, however, that in the last week or so I am getting more and more uncomfortable, and two nights ago a not-so-fun side effect began...heartburn. Now, I have never gotten heartburn, and honestly thought that it was "no big deal". Well, let me tell you, I thought I was having a heart attack and was in tears for an hour at 2AM. After nearly 24 hours of horrible pain, I discovered Zantac, and it has been a lifesaver.

In other news, school has been challenging lately. I'm getting tired more easily, which is not a good thing when you're trying to keep up with 35 eight-year-olds. I'm looking forward to my maternity leave, that's for sure. Whether or not I go back next year or take a year off is yet to be determined. I will have to see how my 6 weeks off go, and if I'm stir-crazy or not. I'm sure that no matter what, it will be difficult to leave Avery for any amount of time.

Well, I think that's all I've got. I know Nate wants to add some stuff, so I'll pass off to him.

From Nate:

While Brittany has been struggling with being uncomfortable and heartburn what is it that I have been doing you ask ... well I spent this last weekend skiing until my legs felt like they were going to fall off in amazing Winter Park, Colorado with my brother. Hold on a second though ... before you say, "WHAT!!! He went to Colorado and skied all weekend and left his pregnant wife at home all alone?!?!?!" I would like to clear up that the only reason I was in Colorado is because I have an amazing wife who surprised me last week with this trip. I had no idea that she had been planning this weekend for me since November, but boy am I lucky. Well, the weekend turned out absolutely incredible ... the snow was pristine and you just do not get ski runs like that anywhere close to Las Vegas.

And now we hit the stretch run. EIGHT (that's right eight and counting down) weeks to go until our little Avery arrives and hopefully I can take care of Brittany how ever she needs to be cared for in these next two months. Each new day I learn something new about babies and what I am going to be called on to do to care for our little daughter. Lately, I have been reading "The Happiest Baby on the Block" in preparation helping our baby to be just that. Well, that's all for now... until next time, bye!

Love,

N&B

No comments: