Sunday, February 24, 2008

18 Days to Go

So it seems that Avery is attempting an early debut. I went to my weekly doctor's appointment last Tuesday to find out that I am starting to efface and Avery's head has engaged. Being only 34w4d at that point, they put me on the monitor. I was having some contractions, although I couldn't feel them, so they gave me a drug called Turbutaline to stop them. After about a half hour things calmed down and they let me go home. I did, however, get to go back both Wed. and Thursday to be monitored. I wasn't having contractions either time, but my doctor is concerned with pre-term labor, so I'm on "modified" bed rest. She really didn't want me to go back to work, but that isn't really an option, because I still have so much left to do! So, I get to go to work (although I have to sit the entire day), and all other times I'm supposed to be off my feet. I go back in on Monday for more monitoring, and hopefully there are no more contractions. If there are, I have a feeling that I won't get a choice about returning to work. I'd really like to make it two more weeks, just to get things wrapped up.

Nate has been really wonderful making sure that I stay off my feet. He's taken care of the laundry and food, all the while putting up with my complaining. All prayers are welcome as we near the end of our pregnancy. We cannot wait for Avery to be here, and for all of you to meet her! Only 18 more days!!!

B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey i found your blog! everything is amazing! your pictures/your nursery/your belly...everything! keep yourself in good health and great job to nate for taking such good care of you. take it easy and call me if you need anything! :)