Thursday, May 21, 2009

Avery's Summer Ready!

Today, after four weeks of class 5 times a week, Avery tested out of her ISR swim course. She can successfully bring herself to the surface and keep herself afloat for an extended amount of time. We are so proud of her and her teacher said that in 6 months (when she has a little more weight behind her) she'll take the swim portion of the class. Right now, she's just too little to be able to control her body in the water. Here's the video of her final class today. Mind you, it was the first time she'd been in the water fully clothed. 

Warning: I promise you that she is safe the entire time she's in the water. 




** Mind you, we brought her home and did the same thing with nary a single tear or whine. As a matter of fact it was all giggles and smiles. What a girl, we've got! 

2 comments:

jill_hoff said...

Wow! Brittany I don't know how you watched 20 classes of that! I know you said it was hard, and now I see, it's very hard!!! I'm so impressed!! Tell Avery Aunt Jill is so proud of her!!!
Love you~

Jenna Ruiz said...

Hey Nate and Britt!
My sister and I are definitely going to have Eli and Ben take these classes because of you! I'm super impressed with Avery... that was awesome!
Jenna